Friday, September 12, 2008

A tour of the house

Okay, what you've all been waiting for (drumroll please): Where do I live. No, it's not a mud hut, I was very relieved, in fact, it is quite beautiful. As far as location goes, we are about 5 minutes from school. We (my roommate Trisha and I, she's a highschool English teacher) live in a gated, barbed wired, armed guarded, walled... subdivision thing. To give you an idea of the size, it takes me roughly 20 minutes to run up and down all of the streets in it. I'll have to post pictures of it and the incredible gorge on one side. So, back to our house, within our subdivision, our small "yard" is also gated and walled. We live in it with another couple who also teaches at the school. It's very nice as he takes care of all the things we gals just don't even care to think about. (And comes and gets us when we lock our keys in our car.) And now pictures. To the left is walking up to our door. Below is when you first walk in. My room is the one on the left.


Our kitchen is as soon as you walk in on the left. It's quite cozy. It I'm just pleased by the fact that I have sucessfully figured out how to light it. I have yet to bake anything. It's a little tricky since there's no controlling the temperature, not to mention the whole change in altitude thing. (But don't worry, I never used the oven at home, so I don't miss it!)

Here's walking into my room. I have a fun Guatemalan desk and I just learned that everything here is stained with shoe polish, whether is indoors or outdoors.
Here's my room facing towards the door. I'm hoping to repaint soon to make the mint green walls a little less toothpasty. (Hey, it's going to be home for a while, so I'm going to make it homey.)
And that is it in a nutshell. I hope you've enjoyed this tour. I know it's not exactly like Parade of Homes, but at least it gives you an idea!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For toothpasty, your room is really cute

Unknown said...

A toothpasty room . . . does that mean it smells minty fresh?

Thanks for the updates. They are a great reminder to pray for you.