Sunday, November 2, 2008

Back in Guate!






Well, many of you probably heard that I’ve made it back from a quick trip to the states. Thanks so much for your prayers and words of encouragement as I was able to go home and be with my family as we buried my grandpa. It was a tough week with a wide range of emotions, but I was blessed to be able to be among friends and family as we both mourned our loss and rejoiced at his homecoming. We would all covet your continued prayers as we adjust to life without him.
I was excited to come back to a bunch of kids excited to see me! They had covered my desk with letters and the marker board with the following messages:

I didn't even have to bribe them! They did that all on their own- they like me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandpa. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

It looks like your students really love you as a teacher - what a blessing.

Have a great week!!!!

Unknown said...

Looks from Facebook like you had a really good Thanksgiving. How are things going otherwise?

Molly said...

So glad to have found your blog.
You were in my thoughts today and so I went searching.....
How exciting to be living out God's call in Guatemala. What a life changing experience.